Daily Announcements

Madison Logo

Curt Gerston

Madison Logo

Sample Staff Member

Lunch Menu:  Chicken Teriyaki with Rice 

Madison does not provide microwaves for students to use at lunch.  Please create your lunch plan accordingly. 

Students:  Don’t forget to purchase your own Black Lives Matter t-shirt.  Go online to purchase one today at  https://www.schoolpay.com/link/BlackLivesMatterShirts Remember to wear your t-shirt on February 28 – the last day of February.  Yearbook staff will be taking photos of students wearing their Black Lives Matter t-shirts during all three lunches.   

Sixth and seventh grade students–please remember to bring your Course Request Worksheets with you to your social studies class on the day you’ll be making your elective selections.  On Tuesday, February 11 Ms. Ovens & Ms. Acosta’s will be selecting electives.  Wednesday, February 12 Mr. Kreiger and Ms. O’Donoghue’s social studies classes will be selecting electives.  On Thursday February 13 Mr. Martin, Ms. Weygandt and Ms. Koncilja’s social studies classes will be selecting electives. You will need to turn in the form to counselors that day in the lab–make sure you get your parents to sign it!  

Have you found your perfect match in a book yet?  If not, we’ve still got a few blind date books left in the library so come on in and give one a try while supplies last!  And while you’re here, stock up on books for the mid-winter break! 

PE Sweatshirts on sale through Thursday, February 13th.  Students are required to wear the Madison PE t-shirts in PE class, but can wear the sweatshirt over it when needed.  Pick up an order form in the main office or order on SchoolPay at:  https://www.schoolpay.com/link/2020PESweatshirt 

Hey 8th Graders!  Get your baby picture in the yearbook!  Bring in or email your photo to Mr. Molskness by Friday, February 28.  Pictures will be returned near the end of the school year. [email protected] 

Madison’s After School Activity forms are available now in the main office or in Mr. Paine’s office.  Pick up a form today!  Session two begins March 2.   

Turning out for Spring Sports?  Make sure your paperwork is turned in to the main office and your sports physical is current in order to play this season.  Forms are available in the main office.  Stay tuned for tryout dates for Boys Soccer, Girls Volleyball and Coed Track. 

This week is Spirit Week!  Show your Madison spirit by dressing in the following themes! 

Wednesday, Feb. 12th is Colorless Day.  Leave the rainbow at home and wear some combination of black, white, and gray! 

Thursday, Feb. 13th is Sports Jersey Day.  Show your support for your favorite team! 

Friday, Feb. 14th is Decades Day.  Take a blast to the past and put on an outfit from your favorite decade! 

Madison’s Wellness Center Question of the week is:  Toothbrushes should be replaced every _____ months?  Submit your answer to the Wellness Center to win a prize.  Congrats to last week’s winners!  If you found a gray coin in your prize, you’re in luck!  Return it to the Wellness Center for our grand prize drawing! 

Lost Lock?  Lost items?  Students are assigned a locker and a lock at the beginning of the school year.  It is your responsibility to keep your items safely locked in your locker, making sure the lock is secure.  Do not set your lock on the floor during crowded passing periods.  The fine for a lost lock is $5.00. 

School is closed next week in honor of President’s Day and for mid-winter break.   

************************************************************************************************************* 

Madison families–The student records application that the district uses to manage grading has been down recently and will mean the delay of our second quarter grades being finalized. Rest assured the district’s department of technology has been working hard to resolve the issue. We appreciate your patience and hope to have them in your hands the week after mid-winter break.  

Madison Families:  The school year is already half over (!) and teachers are reporting that many kids are running out of basic supplies like pens, pencils, and loose leaf paper.  Take a minute tonight to check in with your child and see what needs to be replenished.  Your child’s teachers thank you! 

Black Lives Matter at School, a Week of Action, Affirmation, and Understanding 

We celebrate Black Lives Matter at Madison Middle School along with thousands of other students from Seattle Public Schools and hundreds of thousands of students nationally during the month of February.  

Purchase a Black Lives Matter t-shirt today.  Pick up an order form in the main office.  Cost is $5.00 or order on line at:  https://www.schoolpay.com/link/BlackLivesMatterShirts 

The Madison Middle School PTSA Auction will be held on Saturday, March 7th.  More information regarding the event and the purchase of early bird tickets can be found on their website: https://madisonmiddleschool.schoolauction.net/2020auction 

Seattle Public Schools would like to continue connecting with you via email. If you prefer to be removed from our list, please contact Seattle Public Schools directly. To stop receiving all email messages distributed through our SchoolMessenger service, follow this link and confirm: Unsubscribe  

Seattle Public Schools provides equal educational and employment opportunities. Please click this link for more information: Notice of Nondiscrimination  

SchoolMessenger is a notification service used by the nation’s leading school systems to connect with parents, students and staff through voice, SMS text, email, and social media.